Mark Sisco, M.D.
501 Skokie Boulevard
Northbrook, IL 60062
Phone: (847) 504-2333
Monday: 8:30 a.m.–6 p.m.
Tuesday–Friday: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
At our Northbrook, IL, practice, breast augmentation is a very popular option, and one of Dr. Mark Sisco’s specialties. Breast implants and surgical techniques are constantly evolving, and as the Chief of the Division of Plastic Surgery at NorthShore University HealthSystem, Dr. Sisco is able to provide the latest in surgical advancements for your optimal outcome.
Are You a Candidate?
Good candidates for breast augmentation are typically
- In good overall physical and mental health, free of conditions that could complicate surgery or recuperation;
- Nonsmokers, or willing to quit well in advance of surgery;
- Realistic about their expectations for the results of surgery;
- Able to care for themselves after surgery and adhere to aftercare instructions
Because the surgery has been so thoroughly refined and perfected throughout the years, it’s suitable for a diverse group of patients.
Although the primary objective of breast augmentation is to increase the size of the breasts, it’s also helpful for evening out asymmetry. During your consultation, Dr. Sisco administers an in-depth physical examination and discusses your medical history and ultimate goals at length, creating a complete picture of who you are as an individual.
You Have Options
One of the most appealing aspects of breast augmentation is that it can be customized to your unique characteristics and preferences. In addition to reviewing your medical history, lifestyle, and ultimate goals for your surgery, you and Dr. Sisco discuss which surgical options are most likely to give you the look you want. Your consultation includes a candid, 1-on-1 conversation and even a simulation of your results with our VECTRA® 3-D imaging system. Your options include the following:
- Implant material: Filled with either saline solution or silicone gel, today’s breast implants can create results that look and feel very natural. Saline and silicone gel implants are both approved by the FDA for elective breast augmentation.
- Incision location: Depending on the type of implants you choose, your incisions may be placed along the lower borders of your areolas, in the breast crease (beneath the breast), or even in your armpits. In any case, Dr. Sisco relies on the natural characteristics and contours of your body to help conceal your scars once they’ve healed.
- Addition of a breast lift: If you are concerned about sagging breasts, you may benefit from a breast lift performed with your breast augmentation.
- Fat grafts: Depending on your preferences, you and Dr. Sisco may decide to enhance your breast augmentation with the addition of fat grafting. This procedure uses unwanted fat from another area of your body, such as your abdomen, to improve the results of your breast augmentation. Dr. Sisco uses fat grafting as a complement to, not a replacement for, breast implants.
- Implant shape: Both saline and silicone implants are made in round and “anatomic,” or teardrop, shapes. Round implants are circular and dome-shaped, providing more enhancement of the upper portion of the breasts. Anatomic implants are sloped to more closely mimic the shape of natural breasts.
Breast augmentation also makes a popular addition to mommy makeover, a surgery that combines various procedures to help improve the bodies of women who have had children.
How much does breast augmentation cost?
In Chicago, the cost of breast augmentation is quite variable depending on several different factors. These include the following:
- The types of breast implants you select
- Fees charged by the anesthesiologist
- Fees charged by the surgical facility
- The technical significance of your procedure and the techniques Dr. Sisco uses
After your consultation, we provide you with a document that details the estimated cost of your breast augmentation. We encourage you to take it home, look it over, and make an informed decision.
Mark Sisco, M.D.
Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Mark Sisco has trained at some of the most esteemed institutions in the country, and he brings the skills he attained there to his practice in Northbrook. From extensive reconstructive procedures to delicate, targeted liposuction, Dr. Sisco serves your needs from head to toe.Meet Dr. Sisco
Surgery Day & Long-Term Results
Dr. Sisco usually performs your breast augmentation while you’re under general anesthesia, an approach that ensures your complete comfort throughout the duration of surgery. A typical breast augmentation takes about 90 minutes to complete. Once you awaken from surgery, you’re monitored for a brief time in the recovery area before returning home in the care of a friend or family member.
You can expect to feel groggy and a bit “out of it” for the remainder of the day. When you do nap, it’s important to sleep on your back to avoid pressure on your implants. You’ll have prescribed pain medication to reduce discomfort after surgery. Most patients feel comfortable going back to work and other light, everyday activities after a few days. Exercise and more physically demanding pastimes can be resumed after several weeks. Dr. Sisco offers you a more specific timeline as you plan your surgery.
By adhering to your post-op guidelines and maintaining a reasonably healthy lifestyle, you can enjoy the results of your breast augmentation for many years. However, it’s important to consider that breast implants don’t last forever. Over time, they may weaken or lose their shape, a process that generally takes several years. Dr. Sisco also offers breast implant revision to keep your breasts looking their best for as long as you like.Back to Top