Mark Sisco, M.D.
501 Skokie Boulevard
Northbrook, IL 60062
Phone: (847) 504-2333
Monday: 8:30 a.m.–6 p.m.
Tuesday–Friday: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
5 Ways to Get the Best Breast Augmentation Results
As you plan your breast augmentation procedure in Northbrook, IL, you want to be sure your results are everything you have been envisioning. Trusting your body to a surgeon takes confidence, and you want to be sure you’re making the right choice each step of the way. Fortunately, there are a few steps you can take before and after your breast augmentation to get results you will love now and for years to come.
In this blog post, I will share tips for achieving exceptional breast augmentation results, from ways to customize the procedure to how to choose the best breast surgeon.
Choose the Right Breast Surgeon for You
Your choice of breast surgeon is perhaps the most important factor in your results. To achieve exceptional results, you must choose an exceptional plastic surgeon.
How can you be sure you’re making the right choice? Qualities to look for include:
- Credentials: Your surgeon should be board certified, have an exceptional educational background, and have extensive experience performing breast procedures.
- High patient satisfaction: Look for reviews and testimonials that speak candidly to the surgeon’s skill and bedside manner.
- Before-and-after photos: Real patient results speak for themselves. In photos, look for symmetry, beautifully healed incisions, natural-looking breast shapes, and proportional sizing.
- Artistry: In addition to a surgeon with technical skill, you need a surgeon with a trained eye for form, shape, and proportion. I believe my artistic background gives me the elevated understanding of aesthetics necessary to create the truly exceptional outcomes my patients desire.
Often, the best way to decide whether a surgeon is right for you is to meet in person for a consultation. This appointment isn’t a commitment to surgery, but it does give you the chance to feel out whether a surgeon’s personality and approach are the right match for you.
Predict Your Results With 3-D Imaging
Achieving exceptional results starts with a plan you and your surgeon create together. One of the most effective ways to design a successful plan is to use visualization tools such as 3-D imaging.
VECTRA® 3-D imaging allows you to visualize what your results may look like so you can be sure you and your surgeon have the same vision. This technology creates a 3-D rendering of your body and lets your surgeon adjust its dimensions based on your desired results. You’ll be able to look at different sizes and shapes, adjusting for factors such as symmetry, upper pole fullness, and more.
In addition to VECTRA, I use implants to let you “try on” different sizes before committing to one.
These steps take much of the guesswork out of planning your breast augmentation, so you can feel confident about the outcome your surgeon will create, even before you head into surgery.
Customize Your Breast Augmentation Procedure
Not all breast augmentations are the same. In fact, there are many different factors you can adjust to make sure your breast augmentation results are exactly what you had envisioned. These include:
- Material: Choose between silicone and saline, depending on your lifestyle and budget.
- Size: Select the perfect size and projection for your proportions to achieve a beautifully natural-looking result.
- Placement: Place your implant either above or below your pectoralis muscle, depending on factors such as your existing breast tissue.
- Incisions: Choose an incision along your breast crease or around your areola.
While it is a great idea to research each of these options ahead of time, do not feel worried if you aren’t sure which choices are right for you. During consultations, I work closely with each of my patients to make sure every aspect of their procedure is ideal for them.
Consider Combining Procedures
In some cases, achieving your best results means combining breast augmentation with another procedure. Adding a breast lift to your augmentation, for example, may give you more of a youthful, perky look than implants alone. Learn more about the benefits of combining these procedures in this previous blog post.
Fat grafting is also beneficial for those looking to subtly enhance their breast augmentation results. While I don’t typically recommend this as a replacement for implants, it can be an excellent way to further disguise implant edges and create a more customized breast shape.
Give Your Incisions Special Care
While breast augmentation does leave scars, it is possible to minimize their appearance with a little extra care. Closely follow your aftercare instructions to help your incisions heal beautifully and lower your risk of complications such as infection. Avoid stretching or irritating your incisions by wearing your post-surgical garment and steering clear of any bras with underwires as you recuperate.
Once your incisions heal, make sure to cover them with SPF whenever they may be exposed to the sun. This prevents any additional darkening so your scars stay light, smooth, and barely visible over time.
To see examples of the results you can expect after breast augmentation, please visit our before-and-after photo gallery.
If you would like to learn more about cosmetic surgery in Arlington Heights, please contact us online or call (847) 504-2333.